Monday, August 10, 2009

A Lesson Learned

Man... Did I Screw Up Big time !

Recently, I decided to take a couple of days off and head up to my cabin. I packed up my wife and dog; grabbed my fishing pole and headed up north to Sage Lake, where we have a cabin on a island. It is located in Ogemaw county near Hale, Michigan. We love it!

In my haste to get on the road, I forgot to change my vacation setting’s on my email accounts. I also forgot my wireless card for my laptop. “ I am on a island mind you.”
I am always available for my prospects and my team members even when I am gone for a few days. UNTIL NOW.

Here it is Friday morning it's raining, cold, I have nothing to do and I forgot my wireless card for my computer. What a dumb a_ _ .

Not only that… I just started a huge campaign for my business and I have no way to follow up with my prospects. When I get home Sunday afternoon my email inbox will be out of control. It will take me a couple days just to catch up. Thinking about the lost revenue from my mistake has got me pissed big time.

The point I am trying to make here. I am in business. I treat my business like a business.
My mistake will cost me. ALWAYS leave a way for your team or prospects a way to get a hold of you. No matter what. People have questions and need support.

The only saving grace I have is my cell phone number which I leave on my signature file.

I hope you learned a lesson from my mistake. Always, and I mean always, leave a way for people to get a hold of you. Be disciplined enough to change you email settings before you go on vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment